Be Colorado. Move.
The University of Colorado Health and Welfare Trust and Plan (“Plan”) has developed a movement program (Move.) to reward CU Health Plan participants that lead an active lifestyle. The Plan Employers (University of Colorado, University of Colorado Health, and University Physicians, Inc.) will provide each participant with a taxable incentive payment of $25 for every month the participant engages in at least 30 minutes of moderate and/or vigorous physical activity a minimum of 12 days per month. The daily 30 minute requirement may be accumulated through a minimum of 10 minute increments over the course of each day or, if using a Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Misfit Shine tracking device, by taking 10,000 steps over the course of a day. The Plan has contracted with Fitdigits Inc. to provide a simple way to track participant progress and encourage each participant to meet the monthly goal. To take part in Move., each participant understands, agrees to and/or certifies the following:
- I certify that I am eighteen years of age or older.
- I certify that I am employed by a Plan Employer and am currently participating in a CU Health Plan.
- I understand I should seek the advice of a physician or other competent medical professional before beginning any physical activity and/or weight loss program or if I have any questions or concerns regarding my health or medical care. I understand that if I am unable to meet the physical activity requirements for the incentive under this movement program because of my health status, I have the opportunity to earn the same incentive by different means. I understand that I can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to establish an alternate incentive opportunity in accordance with my physician’s recommendation.
- If I experience any abnormal physical symptoms while participating in Move., I will stop exercising immediately and consult my physician.
USE OF THE BE COLORADO MOVE. APPS AND WEBSITE
- I understand that Fitdigits has developed a Be Colorado app and website in order to track my progress toward meeting the requirement of 12 times per month of 30 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity. The daily 30 minute requirement may be accumulated through a minimum of 10 minute increments over the course of each day, or if using a Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Misfit Shine tracking device, by taking 10,000 steps over the course of a day.
- I agree to download the free Be Colorado app from Fitdigits at the Apple store or the Google Play store or sign up at the Be Colorado skinned Fitdigits website https://becolorado.fitdigits.com in order to report my physical activity minutes.
- I have read and understand Fitdigits’ Terms and Conditions http://www.fitdigits.com/terms-and-conditions.html and understand that it covers my use of the app and website and the use of my information by Fitdigits.
- I agree to provide my monthly physical activity minutes to Fitdigits via the app or website. I understand that my physical activity minutes may be uploaded automatically through the app or other third-party component (e.g. FitBit).
- I understand that to track the number of steps I take per day for this program, I must be using a Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Misfit Shine device to track my movement.
- I understand that I may self-report my physical activity minutes by manually entering the information through the website or app a maximum of two times per month.
- I certify that any self-reported and manually entered physical activity minutes are a true and accurate record of my physical activity.
- I understand that various third-party products may be used in combination with Fitdigits to provide additional user features. I understand that neither the Plan nor the Plan Employers require any participant to purchase these products, endorses any of these products or guarantees their quality in any way. Use or purchase of any third-party products is the sole responsibility of the participant.
- I understand that the Be Colorado Fitdigits app and website may include advertising. I understand that neither the Plan nor the Plan Employers endorse any of the products advertised or guarantee their quality in any way.
REQUIREMENTS TO EARN THE INCENTIVE PAYMENT
- I understand that in order for any physical activity minutes to count towards my incentive, all physical activity minutes must be completed by the end of the month and downloaded or manually entered by the 5th calendar day of the following month. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all physical activity minutes are timely received by Fitdigits.
- To meet the 10,000 steps per day requirement, I must have either a Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Misfit Shine device that is capable of tracking my steps and is supported by Fitdigits. I understand that I may earn the incentive payment through a combination of days in which I took 10,000 steps (only if I am using a Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Misfit Shine) and/or days in which I completed a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate and/or vigorous physical activity recorded via the Move. application.
- I understand that moderate physical activity is defined as physical activity that is the equivalent of brisk walking or biking at a casual pace.
- I understand that vigorous physical activity is defined as physical activity that is the equivalent of running, jogging, swimming laps, playing competitive sports or jumping rope.
- I understand that I will earn a taxable $25 cash incentive for each month that I meet the requirement of at least 30 minutes of moderate and/or vigorous physical activity a minimum of 12 days per calendar month. The daily 30 minute requirement may be accumulated through a minimum of 10 minute increments over the course of each day or, if using a Fitbit, Jawbone UP or Misfit Shine tracking device, by taking 10,000 steps over the course of a day.
- I understand that payments will be processed quarterly. I understand I will only receive payment for the months in which I met the requirement. Incentives earned for April-June will be paid in August. Incentives earned for July-September will be paid in November. Incentives earned for October-December will be paid in February. Incentives earned for January-March will be paid in May.
- I understand that in order to receive the quarterly payment I must still be employed by a Plan Employer at the time of payment.
- I understand that payment will terminate upon termination of my employment with a Plan Employer, and I will only receive payment if I am a current employee of a Plan Employer at the time of payment.
- I understand that Fitdigits will send me monthly emails updating the status of my progress and will notify me via email when I have met the monthly requirement. I understand that I can opt out of the email notifications at any time.
- I understand that the only information my employer will receive from Fitdigits is whether I have met the minimum required monthly physical activity and de-identified, aggregate reporting on the use of the program by participants.
- I understand that if I no longer want to participate in Move. I can remove myself from the program at any time by notifying email@example.com.
- I understand that this Participation Agreement is subject to change at any time. My continued participation in this program constitutes my acceptance of the changes. The Plan will post the most recent Participant Agreement, incorporating any changes, on the Be Colorado website at becolorado.org.